Uber and Lyft have become the most recognizable car services in many places around the world. The speed of this growth has been phenomenal with a good portion of consumers making these services their first choice when they need transportation. Part of this love affair is based on consumers gaining an ability, by utilizing each company’s app, to know in advance the driver, the fees for their trip, and to pay without cash. In addition, fees are often lower than traditional taxis and car services.
For drivers of these services, Uber and Lyft represent an ability for the average Joe to generate decent or good money part or full time (up to $29 per hour in some US cities), by doing a simple task (driving), in an environment that is safe (all passenger information is on file with the company).
Although these services have become pervasive, they continue to face problems around their driver’s lack of licensing in many municipalities, and the fact that these services threaten existing car services (taxis and limousines) that are well established, and are regulated by governments.
The two car services are very similar; they use an app at the center of their businesses and in most cases this app provides the only contact passengers have with the company. They also use this app to manage drivers with all information from pick-ups to payments running through it.
Although their businesses are well run and generally professional, their claim of being a replacement for every type of ride service is certainly overrated. There are car service features and qualities that professional car service companies like Blacklane offer, that Uber and Lyft simply cannot match.
The Blacklane Difference
Blacklance is a premium car service built to cater to the needs of clients whose focus is to have a more customized, safe, and personal car service experience. This means that Blacklane focuses on providing clients with superior car service benefits. These include:
- Licensed Professional Drivers: What is often lost in the euphoria of Uber and Lyft, is that their drivers are not licensed or trained to provide driving services. Blacklane only provides professionals drivers to their clients. All Blacklane drivers are licensed in their jurisdiction to be a car service driver. Often, in addition to the minimum legal requirements drivers must have to operate a motor vehicle, many Blacklane drivers have undergone extra training which may include courses for evasive or defensive driving techniques, the proper methods to ensure safety in the most extreme conditions such as inclement weather, a flat tire at high speeds, or other exterior influences for loss of vehicular control, etc. In addition, they have been taught proper etiquette for use when they are in presence of their clientele.
- They operate in 50 countries, 250 cities, and 500 airports, and can connect you end to end to a professional driver. When you are traveling, they can connect you with a driver on both ends of your trip and even coordinate your car service with your flights. They do all the work for you.
- They offer the highest levels of customer service. Having an app is nice, but being able to speak with a human, in your own language, about a problem you have, is unsurpassed in making you comfortable. Blacklane has five-star customer service that combines multi-lingual, 24/7 customer care.
- Their cars are always comfortable and well-serviced. Blacklane provides cars that are serviced regularly and built to carry passengers in comfort. So you will always have the safest cars and drivers.
- Blacklane offers every type of car service. Blacklane is available for rides from point A to Point B like Uber and Lyft, by the hour (as an alternative to a hired limousine service) as well as for airport transfers.
In addition, Blacklane provides all of the important benefits that Lyft and Uber offer:
- Car scheduling done through a phone app.
- All inclusive price confirmed before you book
- Complimentary wait times at airports and other pick-up locations.
- Free cancellation up to one-hour before pick-up.
People often point to price when they are selecting a car service. But as you can see, there are other more important factors that deserve consideration. Blacklane focuses on these differences and as a result, they provide a superior, luxury service.